For New Residents

Your Rights
If you are a resident of the United States of America and you are limited in your ability to speak or understand English, you have the right to receive interpretation assistance when you are in need of services from any organization that receives funding from the federal government. These services include, but are not limited to, most medical services and legal (law enforcement and court system) services. These interpretation services are provided at no cost to you.

If you need help understanding your right to interpretation services, contact the Office of Civil Rights – Region I at 617-565-1340.

How to Request an Interpreter from Language Bank

You can request an interpreter from Language Bank by filling out the Interpreter Request Form.

Language Bank offers interpretation in more than 60 languages including: Albanian, American Sign Language (ASL) Arabic, Bosnian, Croatian, Dari, Farsi, French, Greek, Kinyarwanda, Khmer, Kirundi, Krahn,  Liberian English, Lingala, Russian, Serbian, Somali, Spanish, Swahili, Ukrainian, Vietnamese and many others.

Request an interpreter