– Ascentria Care Alliance (ACA), headquartered in Worcester since 2012, is one of the largest nonprofit, human service organizations in New England, ACA serves hundreds of people every day throughout the region, with a constant focus on its values of courage, compassion and integrity.
In reviewing its strategic direction, the board of directors concluded that more Worcester-based directors were an imperative for the organization. As a result, ACA made a concerted effort to “double down” on the recruitment of Worcester-area board members. Jeff Kinney, Chief of Staff and External Relations said “Worcester is a special community and we wanted our board to include more local leaders who are committed to the continued growth and prosperity of this great city. Ascentria is grateful that these talented professionals have accepted our invitation to join the board to provide incremental insight and guidance to our organization. At the same time, the board also concluded that further board diversity was needed to better understand and reflect the communities we serve.”
This week the Ascentria board of directors welcomed these three new Worcester-based members, all of whom have significant community ties:
- Jeroan Allison, MD, is Professor and Chair of the Department of Population and Quantitative Health Sciences at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. His research focuses on understanding the root causes of health disparities and promoting health equity.
- Stacey Luster, JD is General Counsel and Assistant to the President for Employment and Equal Opportunity at Worcester State University where she is focused on increasing the success of the diverse student base and growing that diversity in the city of Worcester.
- Sherri Pitcher is Senior Vice President and Chief LifeDesign Officer at Fidelity Bank in Leominster, MA where she dedicated to delivering on Fidelity Bank’s unique LifeDesign mission and approach to bank’s clients and the communities it serves.
These new members join Kim Salmon and Fred Jenoure, who are existing Worcester-based board members, who have made and will continue to make significant contributions to Ascentria. Ascentria now has a total of 14 board members.
Additionally, Ascentria added two new Worcester-based finance committee members who will bring valuable professional experience as advisors:
- William Mahoney, Vice President and Financial Consultant at Rockland Trust Investment Services in Worcester
- Alexander C. Bartholomew, Senior Vice President and Chief Investment Officer at Bartholomew and Company in Worcester
Angela Bovill, CEO and President of Ascentria Care Alliance welcomes these new additions saying, “Each will bring meaningful experiences which will help us to better collaborate with partners as Ascentria continues to focus on the intersection of social services and the areas of healthcare, education and workforce development.”
About Ascentria Care Alliance
As one of the largest nonprofit, human service organizations in New England, Ascentria Care Alliance empowers people of all backgrounds to rise together and reach beyond life’s challenges. We use an innovative human-centered care model to help individuals and families move forward and thrive – physically, intellectually, socially, spiritually and economically.
With many locations throughout the region, Ascentria serves children, youth and families; persons with developmental disabilities and mental illness; refugees, including unaccompanied refugee minors; and older adults.
Through productive collaborations and partnerships, we create measurable, positive impact that enriches our communities. Inspired by our faith-based heritage and guided by compassion, courage and integrity, we envision a world in which everyone can realize their fullest potential and share with others in need.