Our Foster Parents
Foster parents with Ascentria's IFC are mature, caring adults. They are prepared to provide emotional support to youth that have experienced significant trauma and loss. They are open minded, patient, and flexible. They welcome youth from a variety of cultures and backgrounds, which are often different from their own.
Foster parents aren't perfect, but they are willing to partner with our program and follow the advice of our professional staff.
Foster parents for IFC must:
- Reside in Massachusetts
- Pass a Massachusetts CORI check and be fingerprinted
- Have a safe home or apartment with at least 50 square feet of available bedroom space for a foster child
- Have a stable source of income to support a foster child
- Have flexible working hours in order to meet the needs of the IFC youth in their care
Foster parents for IFC commit to:
- Working collaboratively toward achieving the permanency and well being of the child in their care
- Ensuring the physical, mental, and emotional safety of their foster child
- Supporting and advocating for the youth academically
- Providing transportation to medical, mental health and extracurricular commitments
- Partnering with Ascentria's team of foster care professionals