Our Foster Parents
Foster parents of unaccompanied refugee minors are mature, caring adults. They are prepared to provide emotional support to youth that have experienced significant trauma and loss. They are open minded, patient, and flexible. They welcome youth from a variety of cultures and backgrounds, which are often different from their own.
Foster parents aren't perfect, but they are willing to partner with our program and follow the advice of our professional staff.
Foster parents for the URMP must:
- Reside in Massachusetts
- Pass a Massachusetts CORI check and be fingerprinted
- Have a safe home or apartment with at least 50 square feet of available bedroom space for a foster child
- Have a stable source of income to support a foster child
Foster parents for the URMP commit to:
- Providing long-term support to the child that is placed in their home
- Ensuring the physical, mental, and emotional safety of their foster child
- Supporting youth academically
- Providing transportation to medical and extracurricular commitments
- Partnering with Ascentria's team of foster care professionals